Recovering from 11 years civil war, education offers hope for the many impoverished, homeless, and orphaned children. On February 17, 2008, Canserra Development Organization was founded to respond to the needs of these children. In 2009, a junior high school was constructed in Mabureh Village/Waterloo. With the support of the Port Arthur Rotary Club Thunder Bay and Rotary International (RI), the CanSerra Primary School was also constructed in Kissi Town/Waterloo. The CanSerra Primary School building in Kissi Town that was meant for only primary school children is also housing high school children in two shifts. The elementary students attend from 8am -12 noon and the high school students from 1pm – 5pm.
Our 5 – year plan
Goals for 2013 to 2018
- Water well pump construction
- Solar Panels construction to provide electricity in the school
- Toilet construction
- Construction of the CanSerra Community High School buildings
- Construction of science lab, computer lab, and library building
- Scholarship program for high school graduating students
How Can I Help?
- Sponsor a teacher or student
- Join the CanSerra Facebook group
- Join the CanSerra fundraise committee team
- Join the CanSerra board of directors
- Donate school supplies
- Make monetary donation
- Volunteer in Sierra Leone
Port Arthur Rotary Club of Thunder Bay
Mabureh Community Junior High School building completed and opened on December 29, 2009!
CanSerra Community Primary School building completed and opened on January 12, 2011!